Friday, April 10, 2009

A few thoughts for Good Friday

Today is Good Friday April 10Th of 2009.
Last night I spent time on the Internet watching and waiting for news updates on the fires in OK as well as TX. Normally I do not watch the news, however, I was made aware of the situation because of an email. This email came from a Lady I have never met nor spoken too. However, I have followed her talent and admired her for quite some time. She creates the most beautiful work with customized Model Horses. Her Models have taken many awards across the country and are simply beautiful.
What has this to do with Quarter Horses?
Well, you see, most people who customize Model Horses are Horse Lovers, they own, ride and/or enjoy Horses in some way. And Chris is no exception. Her and her husband raise Registered Minni's and show them to incredible levels of competition.
So when the email came from Chris Nandell that the fire's in OK were approaching their home, I prayed. We still do not know if their home was lost or not, nor how many horses they were able to save. I do believe that every Horse Person can relate to the devastation in this situation; the loss and heart break is incredible.
This morning I know we are all connected in some way, whether we recognise it or not. So on this Good Friday, lets remember that our thoughts affect others we may have never met. They are things, and to be thankful for God's greatest gift of life in Christ is the very least we can do this day.
Just a few thoughts as we prepare for Easter.
Blessings,
Bonnie
www.stasserequine.com

No comments: