Saturday, April 25, 2009

Still waiting......

Just a quick Quarter Horse foal update: we're still waiting.....
Freckles was due last Saturday, nothing yet except for waxing. And Kitty is due today. Zip, zilch, noda. Which I guess is okay seeing as the temperature has dropped and it has turned windy.

At the same time, I hope they don't wait too much longer as I don't want either of them to have problems when they foal. And we have to be careful when we check Kitty. If you look under her belly to see if she has started to wax over, she will literally "suck it up" and wait another 12-16 hours before she will allow her milk to drop again. Of course putting off the birth of the foal.

And she is bred to a big stud this year - Indian Artbeat who stands 17.2 hands. So I'd rather not cause any further delays in the situation.

As for Freckles, like I've said before, this is her first foal so I have no idea what she will do or when.

I will post pictures as soon as I can.

Stay tuned...

Bonnie

No comments: